The Early Care & Education Training Institute is pleased to announce a new program
made possible with the help of the Meserve Memorial Fund, Bayswater Book Store in Meredith,
New Hampshire and an anonymous donor - the Early Childhood Literacy, Math and Science Enhancement
Project. This Initiative will provide for literacy, math and science curriculum kits, training,
parental involvement and on-going support to early childhood programs that serve birth to
age 5 in the Greater Fairfield, New Haven and Litchfield County Areas.
Each of the Kits hosts a myriad of components: child-directed activities, books and related
activities, manipulatives, teacher resource books, flannelboard story parts, etc. The Kits
contain activities that cover all areas of development and are appropriate for ages 2-6.
The Magic Write-on Boards in each kit will enhance the children's writing and drawing skills.
The following are Guidelines that we ask you to honor:
- It is the site's responsibility to disinfect any toys or equipment that have been mouthed
by young children. Use bleach/water solution.
- Check the kit as soon as it arrives and again prior to returning it for missing, soiled
or damaged parts, etc.
- Replace or pay for replacement of missing, soiled or damaged pieces. Payment for replacement
of components will be charged against your deposit, excess will be billed back to the
- Use the equipment and materials in a developmentally appropriate manner. All materials
and activities should be used with proper supervision and ECETI will not be held liable
for any incidents related to its use.
- Please treat the materials as if they are your own.